Monday, February 14, 2011

On the way home now

Hi there,

I am about halfway home at this point, sitting in Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam. I started out on Saturday morning from Vicki's house in Uganda and flew back to Tanzania. After some quality time in the Kilimanjaro Airport I flew KLM to here. Now I get to explore this airport before my flight this afternoon to Atlanta. I will get into Orlando about 10 or 11 pm tonight.

Uganda was a great time reconnecting with Vicki and other friends like Hilda, Jolly and Patrick. Patrick is standing for member of parliment in the election this Friday. Please pray that the elections go smoothly and for protection for all during the process. Kampala has grown up a lot since I was there 7 years ago! I am sure that the increased business is good but it has made the traffic the worst I have seen. Cherry it is even worse than Bangkok! And all the cars have really impacted the air quality. I guess that is the price of progress.

Vicki's flats are beautiful. Only hers is nearly completed but you can see how lovely they will be. The compound is not landscaped yet so I got to give some suggestions. I will be fascinated to see how she goes on with it. It was just such a blessing to spend time with her. And the flats are outside of Kampala and back up to a slice of jungle so in the evening and mornings we were serenaded by turacos and plaintain eaters (birds) and a chorus of frogs and crickets. Very cool!!!

Thanks for coming with me on this trip and when I get home I will get photos posted, promise.

Love you all,

Wendy

1 comment:

  1. So you will arrive home on time on Valentine Day, right? hehehehe..

    Happy Valentine Day to both of you.

    Can't wait to see all the photo.

    ChErRy MoUsE

    ReplyDelete