Saturday, April 2, 2016

April Fool's wasn't very funny for us!

Hi gang! Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, I was scheduled for a liver biopsy and then we also had a medical emergency with Ridley. Thank goodness for my sister Cindy who came to the hospital to hang out with me so Michael could take Ridley into the veterinarian. It turned out that he had swallowed a sewing needle (both Michael and I are baffled as to where he got it) and they had to do surgery to remove it from his stomach. Thankfully the needle didn't do nearly as much damage as it could have and he is recovering so well from his surgery that he can come home today! My procedure went well also and I feel pretty good, much better than the last time I had a liver biopsy, for which I am very grateful. This week I also had a CT scan on Monday and a series of labs and tests on Wednesday to prepare for the new immunological trial that I will be participating in. Everything went well and my first treatment is scheduled for next Thursday, April 7. Also a number of the tests this week showed improvement in my cancer status, my liver enzymes in the blood work continue to normalize, the cancer tumor markers dropped 47 points (about 25%) and the CT scan showed that the mets that were previously in lymph nodes in my chest have resolved. It almost makes it hard to stop the current treatment to go into the trial but on we go. If things don't go well in the trial we can certainly go back to the Gemzar and herceptin treatment. So that is the state of things in our house. Now if we can figure out how to prevent a 16 week old puppy from running and playing for the next two weeks while he heals from the surgery all will be well. That maybe quite a challenge as he was playing hard with Maggie yesterday before he went to the animal hospital! Love, Blessings and Peace to all of you. Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment